Party Wall Notice
If your conservatory will affect an existing structure, a notice must be sent to all the affected neighbouring properties two months before the planned start date of the work. The notice must include:
- The name and address of the owners of the property
- The date the notice is being served
- A statement that the notice is being served under The Party Wall Act 1996
- A full description of the proposed work
- The proposed start date for the work
- What happens in the event of a dispute
You can find a sample letter on Page 28 of the Party Wall Act Explanatory Booklet.
If you are working with an architect or builder, they will usually take care of these matters on your behalf.
Each neighbouring party should respond in writing giving their or registering dissent – if they do not reply within 14-days the effect is to put the notice into Party Wall Dispute.