An understanding of the subsoil strata on the site for a planned conservatory is needed before any work is started on the foundations. The following factors must be taken into consideration when deciding what type of foundation will be needed and how it will be built:
- The position of drains and inspection chambers on or close to the site
- Whether the site is on clay soil
- The proximity of trees and shrubs
- Is there a high water table
- Whether the site is on reclaimed land
Need further advice? Is there a topic we haven’t covered you’d like to know about, or think should be added to these pages?
Then please Contact Us and tell us what you would like to know, or see added, and we’ll get back to you right away.