Conservatory Building Notice

conservatory-building-regulationsA Building Notice can be applied for from your local council when small works needs to be done and detailed plans are unnecessary. This also enables building work to get underway quickly.

Most councils require that a Building Notice is deposited with them at least two days before work starts. Forms can usually be downloaded from the council website. The plans are not passed but the work is inspected on site for compliance with the regulations.

You will need a plan to a scale of not less than 1:1250 indicating the size and position of the building as extended in relation to its boundaries, your existing property and any outbuildings, adjacent buildings and adjoining streets. This plan should also show details of the existing and any proposed drainage changes.

Scroll To Top